#Chatbuddies Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#Chatbuddies Forum

Feel Free In Chatbuddies

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Romanian Food

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheWitch

Female
Number of posts : 23
Localisation/Location : Romania
Registration date : 2007-05-05

Romanian Food Empty
PostSubject: Romanian Food   Romanian Food Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 4:15 am

Romanian Food 800px-Sarmalute_mamaliguta

~A plate of sărmăluţe cu mămăliga, a popular Romanian dish~

One of the most common dishes is mămăliga ( the yellow stuff), a cornmeal mush, long-considered the poor man's dish (N-are nici o mămăligă pe masă - He hasn't even a mămăliga on the table), but it has become more appreciated in recent times. Pork is the main meat used in Romanian cuisine (Peştele cel mai bun, tot porcul rămāne - The best fish will always be the pork), but beef is also consumed, and a good lamb or fish dish is never to be refused. Different recipes are prepared depending on the season or for special events.

Mămăligă (/mə.mə'li.gə/, cornmeal mush) is a Romanian dish made out of yellow maize. It is better known to the rest of the world in its Italian form, polenta.

Mămăliga is one of the main traditional dishes of Romania. Historically a peasant food, it was often used as a substitute for bread or even as a staple food in the poor rural areas. However, in the last decades it has emerged as an upscale dish available in the finest restaurants.

Traditionally, mămăliga is cooked by boiling water, salt and cornmeal in a special-shaped cast iron pot called ceaun.

Sarma (Turkish, sarma; Southern Slavic, сарма or sarma; Romanian, sarma; Arabic يبرق yabraq) is the name of a grape, cabbage or chard leaf roll common to Southeastern Europe and adjacent areas. It is traditionally prepared in the former Ottoman countries and in some other geographically and traditionally close countries such as Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldova, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Ukraine.

Unlike other eastern European cultures, the peoples of Southeastern Europe overwhelmingly use sour cabbage as opposed to fresh cabbage. At the end of the autumn, families traditionally prepare the sour cabbage (as whole cabbage, or as individual leaves, but not shredded) for sarma-making.
Back to top Go down
PrincessC
Admin
Admin
PrincessC

Female
Number of posts : 94
Localisation/Location : Malaysia
Registration date : 2007-04-13

Romanian Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romanian Food   Romanian Food Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 4:17 am

ohhh YummYYYYY Razz:P I Wanna eat it.. witchy learn to cook it Razz and yummy Razz:P I will ask u cook for me when i m in ro Razz:P
Back to top Go down
http://chatbuddies.c.la
TheWitch

Female

Romanian Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romanian Food   Romanian Food Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 4:24 am

Romanian Food Mici Romanian Food Food

Mititei (IPA: [mi.ti.'tej]) or mici (IPA: [mitʃʲ]) (Romanian for little or small - plural) is a traditional Romanian dish, a kind of grilled minced-meat rolls made from beef (usually mixed with mutton and pork meat), which contain garlic, black pepper, savory and sometimes a touch of paprika. Sodium bicarbonate is also added. It is best served accompanied by mustard and beer. The mititei are very popular in Romania.

Foreigners enjoy eating these things and drink beer till they drop XD
Back to top Go down
JusTCl|k
Admin
Admin
JusTCl|k

Male
Number of posts : 71
Localisation/Location : Morocco

Romanian Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romanian Food   Romanian Food Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 7:33 am

witchyyyyy im hungryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy /me take wify with him to visite witchyy :p
is really yamyy
Back to top Go down
http://www.Chatbuddies.c.la
TheWitch

Female

Romanian Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romanian Food   Romanian Food Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 3:14 am

lol! ya ya do come!

But I don't think you'd like them unless you eat pork ehem...

Back to top Go down
boahudu

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Romanian Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romanian Food   Romanian Food Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 8:15 am

eh give em without pork meow meow Very Happy *droools*
Back to top Go down
PrincessC
Admin
Admin
PrincessC

Female
Number of posts : 94
Localisation/Location : Malaysia

Romanian Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romanian Food   Romanian Food Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 8:20 am

Well I can eat pork Razz so i m READY Very Happy:D:D lol! lol! lol! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://chatbuddies.c.la
Sponsored content

Romanian Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romanian Food   Romanian Food Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Romanian Food
Page 1 of 1